Is your Volkswagen Jetta license plate light not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your Volkswagen license plate light bulb. The following guide explains replacing a Volkswagen Jetta’s license plate light bulb.
How to Replace Volkswagen Jetta Replace License Plate Light Bulb
What you will need
- Volkswagen License Plate Light Bulb
- Flathead Screwdriver
How to change the VW License Plate Light
- Park VW and set the parking brakes.
- Press the trunk release and open it.
- Press the license plate light to the right side with a flathead screwdriver.
- Next, pull down the license plate light to get it out.
- Press the clip for the electrical connector and disconnect the connector.
- Replace the light bulb and reinstall the light bulb back on the trunk.
You see a 2016 Volkswagen Jetta, but the instructions are the same for VW Golf, GTI, Bora, Passat, EOS, and CC. Note that the same procedure can upgrade VW license plate lights.
We hope you find the Volkswagen Jetta Replace License Plate Light Bulb guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Volkswagen.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.