Is the reverse light of your Mitsubishi Mirage not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the reverse light bulb of your Mitsubishi Mirage. This guide provides instructions on replacing the rear backup (reverse) light bulb on a Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
What you will need
- Reverse light bulb
- Prying tool
- Open the trunk of the vehicle by pulling up the trunk release next to the driver’s seat.
- Once the trunk opens, you will find two screws on the tail light. Use a Philips screwdriver to turn them counterclockwise to remove the screws.
- Remove the tail light by prying it out. Use a prying tool to unlock the clips holding on to the tail light. Then pull out the tail light once it has been unlocked.
- Disconnect the light bulb connectors. To remove the connectors to the tail light, twist them counterclockwise to unlock them. Then pull them out to remove them from the tail light.
- Check the light bulbs by turning on the parking, brake, hazard, and reverse lights. To remove the light bulbs, push them in and twist them counterclockwise.
- Reinstall the light bulb. Reinstall the light bulb by pushing and twisting it clockwise when checking and replacing the light bulbs. The brake light has a different prong size, so to put it back, make sure to put it on the right side to lock the light bulb in.
- Reinstall the light bulb connector on the tail light by pushing it inside and twisting it clockwise to lock the light bulbs on the tail light.
- Reinstall the tail light. Align the tail light clips to the vehicle and push the tail light in to lock the tail light on the car. Note the locking channels and pins in the pictures.
- Then put the two screws back on the tail light.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Mirage Back-up Reverse Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi Mirage.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!