Is the brake light of your Mazda not working? This guide provides instructions on changing the brake light on Mazda 5, model years 2010 through 2018. Replacing the brake light on a Mazda 5 takes less than twenty minutes.
What you will need
For this procedure, you will need one 7443 Light Bulb 21W.
- Turn off the ignition, then set the parking brakes.
- Press the release button below the rear Mazda logo to open the liftgate.
- Remove the screws that secure the tail light assembly to the car. Remove the taillight assembly from the car.
- Verify the brake light bulb. Remove the brake light bulb from the tail light by turning the socket counterclockwise.
- Reinstall the brake light 7443 Light Bulb 21W into the tail light. Reinstall the tail light assembly on the van.
- If you replace the brake light and you find out that the brake lights still don’t work, check fuse number 22 in the fuse box. It will be marked as STOP and will be a 10 Ampere fuse.
- Replacing the headlight with the same watt rating as the old one is important.
As you can see from this guide, replacing the brake light bulb on Mazda 5 vans is simple and can be completed at home.
We hope you find the Mazda 5 Change Brake Light Bulb guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!