Is the dome light of your Mercedes-Benz not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the dome light (roof light bulb) on a 2014-2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 X156.
What you will need
- 12 Volt 5w light bulb
- Flat screwdriver
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the back seat.
- Hold down the handle on the dome light.
- Pop the plastic covers out on the handle using a flat screwdriver or a prying tool.
- Remove the handle from the roof by squeezing the metal clamp on both sides using a flat screwdriver.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the dome light by pulling it out.
- Remove the dome light from the handle by pulling the clips holding it.
- Insert the screwdriver into the dome light’s lampshade cover and use the screwdriver to pop out the lampshade cover.
- Pull the light bulb out from the dome light.
- Install the new light bulb by pushing it into the dome light.
- Push the lampshade cover back to the dome light.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the dome light.
- Line up the dome light to the handle and push it in to lock it into place.
- Line up the handle back to the roof and push the metal clamps into the handle to lock the handle back to the roof.
- Push the plastic covers back to the handle.
- Check the new light bulb by switching on the dome light.
We hope you find the Dome Roof Light Mercedes-Benz 2014-2019 GLA-Class X156 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!