Is there a warning light displayed on your Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class dashboard? This guide is a step-by-step procedure on how to diagnose warning lights on the cluster of a 2014-2019 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 X156 using a YOUCANIC scanner.
What you will need
The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
- Unlock the vehicle, insert the key into the ignition switch, and turn it into accessories.
- Connect the scanner to the vehicle and search the vehicle’s model by going to the manually select or automatically select on the scanner. Then press ok to confirm.
- Select the chassis on the scanner and press ok.
- Select the ESP or Electronic Stability Program.
- Check the wheel speed sensor by going to the datastream and selecting the wheel speed menu.
- If there’s no problem with the wheel speed sensor, go back to the ESP menu and select read codes.
- Press ok on the read codes, and the scanner will start scanning the vehicle.
- Go back to the ESP menu, select erase codes, and press ok to start erasing codes that have not been removed.
- Turn the ignition switch off and turn it to accessories again. Then go to the read codes on the scanner and start rescanning the vehicle.
- Once the scanner shows the problem (Steering Angle Sensor), go back to the datastream.
- Select sensors on the menu and go down to the steering wheel angle.
- Move the steering wheel to check if the steering wheel angle sensor is working.
- Start the vehicle, move the steering wheel, and check the sensor again. If the steering wheel angle is not moving on the scanner, then there’s a problem with the steering wheel angle sensor.
We hope you find the Diagnose Warning Lights Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156 2014-2019 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.