Is the rear fog light and reverse light not working on your Mercedes-Benz GLA250? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the light bulbs of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the rear fog light and reverse (backup) light on the Mercedes Benz GLA-Class. This tutorial is based on the 2017 GLA250 X156 chassis.
What you will need
- Prying tool
- 1235 light bulb
- 921 light bulb
- Remove the trunk door panel. Click on this link to see the step-by-step procedure for removing and installing the trunk panel.
- Locate the rear and reverse fog light socket behind the inner tail light assembly.
- Remove the sockets by turning and pulling them out from the tail light assembly. Removing the rear fog light socket.
- Remove the rear fog light bulb from the socket by twisting it counterclockwise and pulling it out.
- Line up the new rear fog light bulb to the socket and twist it clockwise to lock it in place.
- Remove the reverse light from the socket by pulling it out. Then, line up the new reverse light to the socket and push it in to lock it into place.
- Reinstall the sockets back to the tail light assembly by pushing them in their original position.
- Reinstall the trunk panel. For more help with this step, see this guide.
We hope you find the Replace Back Up Fog Light Bulb Mercedes-Benz 2014–2020 X156 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.