Is the rear fog light and reverse light not working on your Mercedes-Benz GLA250? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the light bulbs of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the rear fog light and reverse (backup) light on the Mercedes Benz GLA-Class. This tutorial is based on the 2017 GLA250 X156 chassis.
What you will need
- Prying tool
- 1235 light bulb
- 921 light bulb
- Remove the trunk door panel. Click on this link to see the step-by-step procedure for removing and installing the trunk panel.
- Locate the rear fog light socket and reverse light socket behind the inner tail light assembly.
- Remove the sockets by turning and then pulling them out from the tail light assembly. Removing the rear fog light socket.
- Remove the rear fog light bulb from the socket by twisting it counterclockwise and pulling it out.
- Line up the new rear fog light bulb to the socket and twist it clockwise to lock it in place.
- Remove the reverse light from the socket by pulling it out. Then line up the new reverse light to the socket and push it in to lock it into place.
- Reinstall the sockets back to the tail light assembly by pushing them in their original position.
- Reinstall the trunk panel. For more help with this step, see this guide.
We hope you find the Replace Back Up Fog Light Bulb Mercedes-Benz 2014–2020 X156 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.