Do your Mercedes-Benz C-Class W205 power decrease, gas mileage decrease, and dark smoke come out from your exhaust? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the Engine Air Filter of your Mercedes-Benz. This applies to models such as C300 years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
What you will need
- Mercedes W205 Engine Air Filter
- OEM Part Number: 274 094 01 04
- T-25 Bit
- Ratchet wrench
- Park the Mercedes-Benz C Class. Set the parking brakes. Pull the hood release under the dashboard to open the hood.
- Locate the engine air filter on the passenger side of the engine.
- Loosen two T 25 screws. They don’t need to come out.
- Disconnect the sensor on the side of the air filter housing.
- Lift the top part of the air filter housing and remove the filter.
- Vacuum the air filter housing to remove any debris and leaves that may be inside the filter housing.
- Install the new filter. Tighten both T25 screws and reconnect the sensor on the side of the air filter housing.
Filter Cross Reference
|BORG & BECK||BFA2423|
|MERCEDES-BENZ||274 094 01 04|
|MANN-FILTER||C 28 004|
|SCT Germany||SB 2336|
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz C-Class W205 Engine Air Filter Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!