If your Cadillac ABS light stays on, the anti-lock brake system has detected a problem. Anti-lock brakes, traction control, and stability control will be disabled.
- ABS Light Stays On,
- Longer stopping distance,
- Service Stabilitrak Warning Message
- Service traction control light ON
- Traction control and stability lights ON
Why is my Cadillac ABS light on?
A faulty ABS wheel speed sensor is the most common problem that triggers the ABS light to stay on in a Cadillac vehicle. Cadillac vehicles have four ABS wheel speed sensors, one for each wheel. To find out which is faulty, follow the steps below to read the codes from the ABS module.
Possible problems that can trigger the ABS light on a Cadillac include:
- A faulty or dirty wheel speed sensor,
- Defective steering angle sensor,
- Damaged wires,
- Bad ABS module
- Blown fuse
- Bad ABS relay
Any of these issues can trigger the Cadillac ABS light to stay on.
How to Read and Reset Cadillac ABS Light
What you will need
Follow these instructions to read and reset ABS fault codes on Cadillac vehicles 1996 and newer. This method works on models such as ATS, CTS, XTS, CT6, XT5, Escalade, SRX, DTS, STS, BLS, XLR, and Deville.
- Park your Cadillac in a safe area where you can work. Locate the Cadillac OBD-2 port under the dashboard.
- Connect your OBD-II scanner.
- Turn on the ignition. All Cadillac dashboard lights should turn on but not start the engine. If your Cadillac has START/STOP button, press it twice without pressing on the brake pedal.
- Allow your Cadillac OBD-2 scanner to connect to the Engine Control Unit (ECU). This may take a few seconds.
- Select Cadillac from the menu. Manually select the Anti-lock Brake System menu.
- Read codes from the Cadillac ABS module using a Level 2 OBDII scanner such as YOUCANIC full system scanner.
Suppose your scanner cannot communicate with the ABS module. In that case, it is possible that the ABS module is defective and needs to either be replaced, which can be an expensive repair or use a third party that provides Cadillac ABS Module Repair Service on eBay.