2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Backup Camera Replacement
Is the backup camera of your Nissan Rogue not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the backup camera of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the backup camera on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+.
What you will need
- Backup Camera Nissan Rogue Sport
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- Prying Tool
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- 10mm Nut Driver
- Open the hatch by pressing the push-button switch just above the license plate.
- Remove the two push clips on the trunk latch by prying them out using a flathead screwdriver.
- Remove the screw inside the trunk door handle by turning it counterclockwise using a screwdriver.
- Pull the trunk door handle out from the inner trunk door panel.
- Pry out the edges of the inner door trunk panel to unlock the tabs attached to it. Then remove it by pulling it out of the vehicle.
- Remove the five 10mm bolts and two push clips holding the plastic cover on the outside. Turn the bolts counterclockwise using a 10mm socket and pry out the push clips using a flat screwdriver to remove them.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the backup camera by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Locate the two 10mm bolts holding the backup camera and remove them by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Pull the plastic cover from the vehicle on the front side of the trunk door.
- Remove the backup camera by pulling it out from the trunk door.
- Place the new backup camera and push it in to set it into place.
- Line up the plastic cover back to the trunk door and push it until it snaps into place.
- Reinstall the two 10mm bolts holding the backup camera by turning them clockwise using the 10mm socket.
- Reconnect the electrical connector for the backup camera.
- Reinstall the five 10mm bolts and two push clips holding the plastic cover. Turn the bolts clockwise to tighten and push the clips until it snaps into place.
- Line up the inner trunk door panel back to the vehicle and push the edges to lock the tabs holding it.
- Reinstall the two push clips beside the trunk door latch.
- Reinstall the trunk handle by pressing it back to the inner door panel and its screw by turning it clockwise using the Philips screwdriver.
We hope you find the 2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Backup Camera Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.