Is the brake light of your Nissan Rogue not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the brake light bulb of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the brake light bulb on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+.
What you will need
- 7443 Light Bulb
- 10mm Nut Driver
- Open the hatch by pressing the push-button switch above the license plate light.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the inner edge of the outer tail light assembly by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm nut driver.
- Pull the outer tail light assembly from the vehicle. Move the tail light towards the back. Remove the tail light with care, or it may break.
- Locate the socket of the brake light behind the outer tail light assembly.
- Twist the brake light socket 90° counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it from the outer tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light bulb to the socket and press it in to set it into place.
- Insert the socket back into the outer tail light assembly and twist it 90° clockwise to lock it in position.
- Line up the outer tail light assembly back to the vehicle and reinstall its 10mm bolts by turning them clockwise using the 10mm nut driver.
- Check the new light bulb operation by pressing the brake pedal.
We hope you find the 2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Brake Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!