Is the brake light of your Nissan Rogue not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the brake light bulb of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the brake light bulb on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+.
What you will need
- 7443 Light Bulb
- 10mm Nut Driver
- Open the hatch by pressing the push-button switch above the license plate light.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts on the inner edge of the outer tail light assembly by turning them counterclockwise using a 10mm nut driver.
- Pull the outer tail light assembly from the vehicle. Move the tail light towards the back. Remove the tail light with care, or it may break.
- Locate the socket of the brake light behind the outer tail light assembly.
- Twist the brake light socket 90° counterclockwise and pull it out to remove it from the outer tail light assembly.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light bulb to the socket and press it in to set it into place.
- Insert the socket back into the outer tail light assembly and twist it 90° clockwise to lock it in position.
- Line up the outer tail light assembly back to the vehicle and reinstall its 10mm bolts by turning them clockwise using the 10mm nut driver.
- Check the new light bulb operation by pressing the brake pedal.
We hope you find the 2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Brake Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.