Is the reverse light of your Nissan Rogue not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the reverse light bulb of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the reverse light bulb on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+.
What you will need
- 921 Light Bulb
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- Prying Tool
- Open the hatch by pressing the open switch button located just above the license plate.
- Remove the two push clips beside the door trunk latch. Use a flat screwdriver to pop out the push clips.
- Remove the screw inside the door handle on the inner panel by turning it counterclockwise using a screwdriver.
- Then once the screw is removed, pull the door handle out from the inner panel.
- Remove the inner door panel by pulling its edges out from the door trunk. Use a prying tool to easily pop out the tabs holding it.
- Locate the socket for the backup light behind the inner tail light assembly. Twist the socket 90° counterclockwise then pull it out to remove it.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light to the socket and press it in to set it into place.
- Place the socket back to its original place and twist it 90° clockwise to lock it in.
- Check the new light bulb first before installing the inner door panel to make sure that the light is working.
- Line up the door panel back to the trunk door and push its edges in until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the two push clips beside the trunk door latch.
- Reinstall the trunk handle screws.
We hope you find the 2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Reverse Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.