Is the reverse light of your Nissan Rogue not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the reverse light bulb of your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the reverse light bulb on a Nissan Rogue Sport 2017+.
What you will need
- 921 Light Bulb
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
- Prying Tool
- Open the hatch by pressing the open switch button located just above the license plate.
- Remove the two push clips beside the door trunk latch. Use a flat screwdriver to pop out the push clips.
- Remove the screw inside the door handle on the inner panel by turning it counterclockwise using a screwdriver.
- Then once the screw is removed, pull the door handle out from the inner panel.
- Remove the inner door panel by pulling its edges out from the door trunk. Use a prying tool to easily pop out the tabs holding it.
- Locate the socket for the backup light behind the inner tail light assembly. Twist the socket 90° counterclockwise then pull it out to remove it.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling it out.
- Line up the new light to the socket and press it in to set it into place.
- Place the socket back to its original place and twist it 90° clockwise to lock it in.
- Check the new light bulb first before installing the inner door panel to make sure that the light is working.
- Line up the door panel back to the trunk door and push its edges in until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the two push clips beside the trunk door latch.
- Reinstall the trunk handle screws.
We hope you find the 2017+ Nissan Rogue Sport Reverse Light Bulb Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Nissan.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!