Replace ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Toyota Camry 2012-2017 XV50
Is the ABS light displayed on your Toyota Camry? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s faulty ABS wheel speed sensor. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the ABS wheel speed sensor on a 2012-2017 Toyota Camry XV50.
To find out which ABS wheel speed sensor is faulty, you will need to read the fault codes from the ABS control unit using a YOUCANIC scanner.
What you will need
- Toyota Camry ABS wheel speed sensor
- 10mm socket wrench
- 12mm socket wrench
- Pick tool
- YOUCANIC Scanner
- Park the vehicle on a flat-level ground surface.
- Loosen the lug nuts on the wheel and jack up the car.
- Place jack stands to support the vehicle. Then remove the wheel from the vehicle.
- Locate the wheel speed sensor behind the rotor.
- Loosen the 10mm bolt using a socket wrench and pull out the wheel speed sensor.
- Follow the cable of the wheel speed sensor.
- Unlock the clip holding the cable using a pick tool.
- Remove the 12mm bolt on the brake line and pull the wheel speed sensor cable out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt on the cable holder and pull it out to remove it.
- Remove the push clips on the fender liner and pull it out to access the wheel speed sensor connector.
- Pull out the cable from the clamp holding it. Use a pick tool to unlock the clamp.
- Press and pull out the connector to remove the wheel speed sensor from the vehicle.
- Attach the wheel speed sensor connector to the connection port by pushing it in.
- Put the cable line to the clamp and press the clamp to lock the cable in.
- Put the cable holder in the vehicle and reinstall the 10mm bolt.
- Reinstall the wheel speed sensor clip to the brake line cable, insert the brake line and reinstall the 12mm bolt.
- Line the wheel speed sensor to the clamp below the brake line cable and push the clamp to lock it in.
- Insert the wheel speed sensor and install the 10mm bolt. Install the wheel, lower the vehicle and take it for a test drive. The ABS warning light should reset on its own.
ABS Light On
If the ABS light is on after replacing your vehicle’s ABS Wheel Speed Sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to clear the stored codes. The scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Toyota Camry ABS wheel speed sensor Replace ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Toyota Camry 2012-2017 XV50 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.