Is your Kia Optima front bumper broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the front bumper of your Kia Optima. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for removing and installing the front bumper of a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Pushpin plier
- Car ramps
- 10mm socket wrench
- Flat screwdriver or prying tool
- Get the vehicle on car ramps and open the hood. Set the parking brakes and put wheel chocks or blocks at the rear wheel to prevent it from rolling back. Secure vehicle with jack stands.
- Remove the push pins on the bumper support bracket using a push pin plier.
- Remove the bolts on the air duct and pull the air duct out.
- Pull the bumper support bracket to unlock the tabs holding it.
- Remove the screws on each side of the bumper; the screws can be located on the vehicle’s fender.
- Remove the push pins under the front bumper using a push pin plier.
- Carefully pull the bumper away from the headlight to unlock the tabs holding it. Use a prying tool or flat screwdriver to easily unlock the tabs.
- Carry the front bumper up and remove it away from the vehicle.
- To reinstall the front bumper, line it up back to the vehicle and push the edges of the bumper support bracket to lock the tabs holding it.
- Reinstall the bolts and push pins back to the bumper support bracket.
- Push each side of the bumper back to the headlight to lock the tabs on the headlight. Then reinstall the screw on the fender.
- Reinstall the push pins under the front bumper.
We hope you find the 2016-2020 Kia Optima Front Bumper Removal guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.