Kia Optima | Check Coolant Level | Add Engine Antifreeze
Is the coolant warning light displayed on your Kia Optima dashboard? This guide is a step-by-step procedure for checking and adding engine coolant on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima. By following the procedures below, learn how to check the fluid level and add coolant to your Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Engine coolant Mixed 50/50
- Open the hood, pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front of the vehicle. Then unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Cooldown the engine. Make sure the engine and radiator are cool to the touch.
- If the coolant in the radiator is empty or drained, open the radiator cap (only after the engine has cooled down) located at the front side of the engine compartment on the passenger side and add in the coolant.
- Check the fluid level on the coolant reservoir tank.
- Open the cap on the reservoir tank and pour in the coolant. The total capacity of the coolant in the Kia Optima is 6.6~6.9L or 1.74~1.82 U.S.gal.
We hope you find the Kia Optima | Check Coolant Level | Add Engine Antifreeze guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.