Is your Kia Optime side mirror broken? Learn how to remove and replace the side mirror of your vehicle by following the procedures below. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the side mirror on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Prying tool
- 10mm socket wrench
- Screwdriver or pick tool
- Side mirror Kia Optima
- Unlock the vehicle and open the driver’s door.
- Remove the cover of the side mirror above the door panel and pry out the edges of the cover to unlock the tabs holding the cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connector, use a screwdriver or pick tool to unlock the clip.
- Remove the three 10mm bolts connected to the side mirror.
- Hold the side mirror on the other hand and unscrew the clip holding the side mirror.
- Remove the side mirror away from the door.
- Line up the new side mirror to the door and push it in to lock the clip back to the door.
- Reconnect the electrical connector.
- Reinstall the three 10mm bolts.
- Line up the cover back to the door and push it in to lock the tabs.
We hope you find the Kia Optima Side Door Mirror Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.