Is the low engine oil pressure warning light appearing on your Kia Sedona instrument cluster? Learn how to fix the problem by adding engine oil to your vehicle. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for checking and adding engine oil on a Kia Sedona 2015-2021.
What you will need
SaleBestseller No. 1
- Clean lint-free cloth
- Engine Oil
- Grade: 0W-20, 5W-20 or 5W-30 Full Synthetic
- Quantity: 1-3 quarts, as needed
- Park vehicle on level ground. Place transmission in Park and set the parking brakes.
- Turn off the engine, and remove the key from the ignition.
- If the engine was running, wait 15 minutes so that the engine oil returns to the oil pan. This will allow you to get a more accurate measurement. If the engine was not started, skip the waiting period.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch on the vehicle’s front. Then pull the hood up and secure it open using the hood strut.
- Locate the oil dipstick on the front of the vehicle’s engine.
- Pull the dipstick out and use a clean cloth to wipe the oil from the tip of the dipstick.
- Fully reinsert the dipstick into the engine and pull it out again. Then determine the current engine oil level by looking at the two dots on the tip of the dipstick.
- If the level is between the min and max marks, the oil level is correct. If the level is below the min mark, you will need to add engine oil to bring the level to the recommended range. Do not overfill above the full mark.
- Remove the oil cap at the top of the engine by turning it counterclockwise. The oil cap may be hard to remove. Use both hands to turn it.
- Add one quart (or one liter) of the recommended engine oil, then recheck the oil level. Use a funnel to help prevent oil from getting spilled on engine components.
- Continue adding oil until the oil level is in the recommended range. Do not overfill the engine with oil past the full mark.
We hope you find the 2015–2021 Kia Sedona Check + Add Engine Oil guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.