Is the coolant symbol displayed on your Mitsubishi Mirage dashboard? Learn how to fix the problem by checking the fluid level of the coolant and adding engine coolant to your Mitsubishi Mirage. This guide will teach you how to check the coolant level and add engine coolant to a Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
How to Check and Add Coolant in a Mitsubishi Mirage
What you will need
- Mitsubishi Super Long Life Coolant 50/50 Pre-mixed 1 gal (MZ320125)
- Allow the engine to cool down.
- Open the hood. Go to the driver’s seat and pull the hood release under the dashboard. Then, go to the front of the vehicle and unlock the hood latch by sliding it to the left. Lift the hood and use the hood rood to secure it open.
- Locate the radiator cap and engine coolant reservoir cap at the front of the engine compartment on the driver’s side.
- Check the fluid level on the engine coolant reservoir. When the engine is cold, the level of the coolant in the reservoir (white container) should be between the “F” (FULL) and “L” (LOW) lines. If the fluid level on the engine coolant reservoir is low, check on the radiator.
- Ensure the engine is cooled down before opening the radiator cap. Opening the radiator when the coolant is hot can cause severe burns.
- Add engine coolant. Open the radiator cap by twisting it counterclockwise and pour the coolant in. Coolant must be mixed 50/50. Then, when the radiator is full, open the reservoir cap and add coolant so that it will have some extra coolant to take in when needed.
- Put the radiator cap back by twisting it clockwise. Then, put the reservoir cap back by pushing it in, and you’ll hear it snap when it’s sealed.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Mirage Check Add Engine Coolant guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi Mirage.