Can’t start your Mitsubishi Mirage because of a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the battery of your Mitsubishi Mirage. This guide will show how to replace the battery of the Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
What you will need
- Replacement Battery
- 10mm wrench or
- 10mm socket wrench
- Open the hood. Go to the driver’s seat and pull the hood release under the dashboard. Then go to the front of the vehicle and unlock the hood latch under the hood. Pull the hood up and use the hood support to hold up the hood.
- Find the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment, just in front of the brake fluid reservoir.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Loosen the 10mm nut on the battery terminals using a wrench, and turn the wrench counterclockwise.
- Disconnect the positive battery terminal. Then remove the cable from the battery.
- Remove the battery holder. Loosen the 10mm nuts on the J hook using a socket wrench. Un-hook the J hook from the battery tray.
- Remove the old battery by lifting it out.
- Place the new battery into the battery tray.
Reinstall the battery holder. Install the J hooks back to the tray and tighten the 10mm nuts using a socket wrench. Make sure that the battery is not sliding or moving.
- Reinstall the positive and negative battery terminals, starting with the positive first and the negative last. Hook the battery terminals back to the battery and tighten the 10mm nuts using a wrench.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Battery Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi Mirage.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!