Need to check/add your Mitsubishi Mirage’s brake fluid? Following the procedures below, you will learn how to check and add brake fluid to your Mitsubishi Mirage. This guide provides instructions on how to check and add brake fluid to the Mitsubishi Mirage.
What you will need
- Brake fluid
- Owners manual recommends using DOT 3 or DOT 4. The recommended brake fluid is also printed on top of the reservoir cap.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front of the vehicle. Then, unlock the hood latch and pull the hood release. Use the hood support to secure the hood up.
- Locate the brake fluid tank on the driver’s side behind the engine.
- Check the fluid level by looking at the side of the reservoir. Or open the cap of the brake fluid. The tank has lines indicating the fluid level’s max and min.
- Open the cap of the brake fluid by turning it counterclockwise if you need to add it. Use the brake fluid recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer. Make sure that the brake fluid you use is from an unopened container.
- Close the cap by turning it clockwise.
We hope you find the Check Add Brake Fluid Mitsubishi Mirage guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi Mirage.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!