Door Actuator Replacement Mitsubishi Mirage G4
Need to replace the door lock actuator of your Mitsubishi Mirage? Learn how to remove and change the door actuator of your Mitsubishi Mirage by following the procedures below. This step-by-step procedure replaces the door actuator (lock mechanism) on a Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
What you will need
- Prying tool
- Torx Set
- Door actuator (Mitsubishi Mirage)
This tutorial shows you how to replace the driver’s door latch, but the procedure is the same for all doors, including the rear and passenger sides.
- Unlock the vehicle and open the driver’s door.
- Remove the screws on the door panel, inner door handle, and armrest cover. Use a screwdriver to remove them.
- Remove the side mirror cover using a prying tool and pry out the edges of the door panel to unlock the tabs holding on to it.
- Detach the armrest cover using a prying tool and disconnect the cables connected to the window switch. Then locate the screws inside the armrest and remove them.
- Move the door panel out and uninstall the cable on the inner door handle.
- Remove the plastic on the door by prying it off the door.
- Locate the door actuator on the door’s left side and disconnect the attached inside and outside clip. Press on the clip and pull it out of the actuator.
- Remove the T30 screws on the left side of the door. Use a Torx screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Put your hand inside the door and pull up the door actuator to unhook it to the door. Then remove the door actuator by pulling it out from the door.
- Install the new door actuator. Line up the door actuator inside the door and screw back the T30 screws holding it. Then connect the clips on the door actuator. Make sure that the door actuator wire is hooked back to the actuator.
- Put the plastic back using any glue materials that can hold the plastic. Then reconnect the cables back to the inner door handle. Put the door panel back into the door, and reinstall the screws inside the armrest.
- Connect the cables to the window switch and push the armrest cover back to the door panel. Then line up the tabs of the side mirror cover to the door and push it in to lock it into place.
We hope you find the Door Actuator Replacement Mitsubishi Mirage G4 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.