Need to replace the window regulator of your Mitsubishi Mirage? By following the procedures below, learn how to replace the door window regulator motor on a Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
What you will need
- Prying tool
- Metric socket set
- Door regulator motor
- Unlock your vehicle and open the driver’s door.
- Take off the screws on the inner door handle, armrest cover, and the screw on the left side of the door panel. Screws are to be removed from the door panel.
- Pry out the armrest cover and disconnect the cables connected to the window switch.
Press on the clips to unlock it from the door panel.
- Remove the side mirror cover using a prying tool and pry out the edges of the door panel to unlock the tabs holding on to it. Take off the screws located on the armrest of the door panel. Hold up the door panel away from the door and disconnect the coded cables connected to the inner side of the door panel.
- Remove the plastic cover on the door by simply cutting or pulling it out.
- Remove the window. To access the bolts holding on to the window, connect the window switch back and line up the bolt to the hole in the door. Then remove the two 10mm bolts holding the window on the regulator and gently pull the window up to remove it.
- Remove the 10mm bolts holding on to the door regulator motor. Then disconnect the cable connected to the motor. Use a socket wrench to remove the bolts. The red arrows are the bolts that will be removed and the cable to be disconnected. Loosen the bolt pointed by the yellow arrow, do not remove the bolt.
Remove the door regulator motor.
Raise the door regulator motor and pull it out of the enormous hole in the door.
- Install the new door regulator motor. Carry the door regulator motor back into the door and line it up to where the bolts will be installed. Then reinstall the bolts and connect the cable to the motor.
- Install the new window by sliding it down first and lining it up to the regulator. Then put the two bolts back into the regulator. Once the window has been installed, connect the window switch and test the door regulator motor.
- Put the plastic cover back. If it doesn’t hold, use glue to secure the plastic back on the door.
- Reinstall the door panel, armrest cover, window switch, and side mirror cover by reverse procedures. Make sure that all the screws and cables are connected.
We hope you find the Door Window Regulator Motor Glass Replacement Mitsubishi Mirage guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.