Mitsubishi Outlander Replace ABS Wheel Speed Sensor
Is there an ABS light displayed on your Mitsubishi Outlander? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the ABS wheel speed sensor of your Mitsubishi Outlander. This step-by-step procedure replaces the wheel speed sensor on a Mitsubishi Outlander.
What you will need
- A lug wrench or breaker bar
- 12mm socket wrench
- Jack stands (2x)
- Floor jack
- Wheel speed sensor (Mitsubishi Outlander)
- Park the vehicle on a safe ground level. Then turn off the engine and set the parking brake.
- Put wheel chocks or a block on the back wheel of the vehicle, and put them on the front and back of the wheel to prevent it from moving.
- Loosen the lug nuts for the front wheel on the driver’s side using a lug wrench.
- Jack up the vehicle and support it with jack stands.
- Remove the lug nuts and carry the wheel out of the vehicle.
- Locate the wheel speed sensor at the back of the wheel bearing.
- Pull the connector from the wheel bearing and remove the 12mm bolt holding the wheel speed sensor.
- Remove the cable from the retainer clips by simply pulling the line out.
- Remove the inside panel by removing all the plastic clips and bolts around the board.
- Disconnect the electrical connector on the engine bay and pull the wheel speed sensor out of the vehicle.
- Install the new wheel speed sensor, connect the electrical connector of the wheel speed sensor to the vehicle and install the cable back to the retainer clips. Then reinstall the 12mm bolt and secure the cable.
- Reinstall the inside panel and the wheel back to the vehicle. Then remove the jack stands and lower the vehicle.
ABS Light Still On
If the ABS light is still on after you replace your vehicle’s ABS wheel speed sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to clear the stored codes. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every Mitsubishi Outlander control module.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Outlander Replace ABS Wheel Speed Sensor guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.