Is your Mitsubishi Outlander engine misfiring, and the check engine light is on due to a faulty ignition coil? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the Ignition Coil of your Mitsubishi. This guide provides instructions on replacing the ignition coils on a Mitsubishi.
What you will need
- Socket set
- Mitsubishi Ignition Coil
- Allow the engine to cool down.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Remove the engine cover. Two 10mm bolts hold this in.
- Remove the connector from the bad coil or all of them if replaced. Be careful not to damage the wires. Press the connector, then pull.
- Remove the 10mm bolts that hold the ignition coil.
- Remove the coil by lifting it.
- Install the new coil and reconnect the wire.
- Start the car and test it to ensure the engine does not shake.
The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear codes through every Mitsubishi control module.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Outlander Ignition Coil Replacement DIY guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.