Mitsubishi Mirage Check Engine Oil Level Add Oil
Need to check/add engine oil on your Mitsubishi Mirage? By following the procedures below, learn how to add engine oil and check the oil level of your Mitsubishi Mirage. This guide provides step-by-step procedures for adding or checking the engine oil level of the Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
What you will need
SaleBestseller No. 1
- Engine Oil 5W-30
- Open the hood of the vehicle. Go to the driver’s seat and pull the hood release under the dashboard. Then go in front of the vehicle and unlock the hood latch by sliding it to the left. Pull up the hood release and use the supporting rod to hold the hood up.
- Locate the engine oil dipstick at the passenger side of the engine compartment.
- Pull out the dipstick and wipe it clean. Then put the dipstick back in and pull it out again. Check for the oil level at the bottom tip of the dipstick. The two dots on the bottom end of the dipstick indicate the high and low points of the engine’s oil level. If the oil level is below the low threshold, you must add engine oil.
- If the oil level is low, locate the engine’s oil cap and remove it by twisting it counterclockwise.
Use an oil funnel when possible to add engine oil and avoid spills. Add one quart if needed, then recheck the oil level. Do not fill over the MAX mark on the dipstick.
Use the engine oil recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer.
- Recheck the oil level. If you need to add more oil, ensure you don’t overfill the oil because that can cause engine damage.
- Put back the oil cap when done adding the engine oil.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Mirage Check Engine Oil Level Add Oil guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi Mirage.