Need to replace the steering wheel and airbag of your Mitsubishi Mirage? Learn how to remove and install your Mitsubishi Mirage’s airbag and steering wheel by following the procedures below. This guide will show you how to remove the airbag and steering wheel of a Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
What you will need
- Flat screwdriver
- 10mm wrench
- Allen wrench
- 17mm socket wrench
- Open the hood and locate the battery. Disconnect the negative terminal using a 10mm wrench to loosen the nut on the battery clamp and put the cable to the side.
- Push the horn for a few seconds and wait for two minutes. This procedure will drain the electricity from the electrical circuits and prevent them from accidentally inflating.
- Locate the tiny hole behind the steering wheel and put the screwdriver or Allen wrench horizontally. Then push the screwdriver to detach the airbag spring on the steering wheel. Do that on both sides of the steering wheel.
- Then disconnect the connectors on the back of the airbag by pulling it out.
- Remove the 17mm nut on the steering wheel. Let someone hold the steering wheel to prevent it from turning once the nut is loosened. Use a socket wrench to loosen the nut.
- Put marks on the steering wheel and steering column to know where to put the steering wheel back to its exact position when reinstalling.
- Remove the steering wheel. Disconnect the electrical connector behind the steering wheel and pull out the steering wheel from the steering column.
We hope you find the Replace Airbag & Steering Wheel Mitsubishi Mirage guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.