Need to replace the steering wheel and airbag of your Mitsubishi Mirage? By following the procedures below, learn how to remove and install your Mitsubishi Mirage’s airbag and steering wheel. This guide will show you how to remove the airbag and steering wheel of a Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
What you will need
- Flat screwdriver
- 10mm wrench
- Allen wrench
- 17mm socket wrench
- Open the hood and locate the battery. Disconnect the negative terminal using a 10mm wrench to loosen the nut on the battery clamp and put the cable to the side.
- Push the horn for a few seconds and wait for two minutes. This procedure will drain the electricity from the electrical circuits and prevent them from accidentally inflating.
- Locate the tiny hole behind the steering wheel and put the screwdriver or Allen wrench horizontally. Then, push the screwdriver to detach the airbag spring on the steering wheel. Do that on both sides of the steering wheel.
- Then, disconnect the connectors on the back of the airbag by pulling it out.
- Remove the 17mm nut on the steering wheel. Let someone hold the steering wheel to prevent it from turning once the nut is loosened. Use a socket wrench to loosen the nut.
- Put marks on the steering wheel and steering column to know where to put the steering wheel back to its exact position when reinstalling.
- Remove the steering wheel. Disconnect the electrical connector behind the steering wheel and pull the steering wheel from the steering column.
Airbag Light On
If the airbag light is on after you have replaced the steering wheel airbag, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to clear the stored codes on your vehicle. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Replace Airbag & Steering Wheel Mitsubishi Mirage guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.