Is your Mitsubishi Mirage tail light assembly broken? Learn how to remove and install the tail light assembly of your Mitsubishi Mirage by following the procedures below. This guide provides instructions on replacing the tail light assembly on a Mitsubishi Mirage.
What you will need
- Prying Tools
- Mitsubishi Mirage Taillight
- Open the trunk by pulling the trunk release next to the driver’s seat.
- Remove the screws holding the tail light to the trunk. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws next to the tail light. Turn the screwdriver counterclockwise to remove the screw.
- Remove the tail light from the vehicle. Use the prying tool to unlock the clips holding the tail light. Once the clip has been opened, pull out the tail light to remove it from the vehicle.
- Remove the light bulb connectors from the tail light by twisting the sockets counterclockwise to unlock them. Pull the light bulb sockets out once opened. Remove the cables from the tab by pulling them out.
- Connect the light bulb connectors to the new tail light. To reinstall the connectors to the tail light, insert the sockets into the tail light, then twist them clockwise to lock them in. Put the cables back into the tab by pushing them in.
- Install the new tail light on the vehicle. Align the tail light to the clips of the car and push it in to lock it in its place. Make sure that every side of the tail light is aligned correctly.
- Put back the screws of the tail light. Use a Philips screwdriver to tighten the screws back in.
- Close the trunk and check the tail light if it is fully seated.
We hope you find the Mitsubishi Mirage Tail Light Replacement Guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi Mirage.