Need to replace your Mitsubishi Mirage steering wheel airbag? Following the procedures below, learn how to remove and install the new steering wheel airbag. This guide will show you how to replace the driver airbag on the Mitsubishi Mirage.
What you will need
- Mitsubishi Mirage Steering Wheel Airbag
- Allen wrench
- Open the hood and locate the battery on the driver’s side of the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and move it to the side. Disconnecting the positive is not necessary. Use a wrench to loosen the 10mm nut on the terminals.
- Push the horn for a few seconds and wait five minutes before moving to the next step.
- Pop out the airbag from the steering wheel. Locate the tiny holes behind the steering wheel and push the Allen wrench or screwdriver into the hole horizontally to detach the airbag spring from the steering wheel. Repeat on both sides of the steering wheel. This spring will be pushed to detach it from the steering wheel.
- Remove the airbag from the steering wheel. Then, pull out the airbag and hold it onto the side. Handle the airbag with care. Hold the airbag with care.
- Unlock the connectors behind the airbag and pull them out of the airbag. Then, put the airbag somewhere safe.
- Install the new airbag. Connect the cables behind the airbag. Make sure to connect the wires back to their original place; do not switch the cables. Lock the connectors by pressing the centerpiece of the connector in.
- Install the new airbag by pushing it to the steering wheel. The airbag will lock itself in once pushed.
Airbag Light On
If the airbag light is on after you have replaced the steering wheel airbag, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to clear the stored codes on your vehicle. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
We hope you find the Driver Airbag Replacement Mitsubishi Mirage guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi Mirage.