Kia Optima Door Glass Replacement
Is the door glass of your Kia Optima broken? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s door glass. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the window from the door of a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Philips screwdriver
- Prying tool or plastic removal tool
- 10mm socket & wrench
- Front door car glass
- Open the driver’s door and pry out the cover of the side mirror on the upper right side of the door panel.
- Remove the cover on the armrest and inner door handle using a prying tool or screwdriver, then remove the screws on the armrest and inner door handle.
- Pry out all the tabs of the door panel and pull the door panel up, then disconnect the cables and electrical connectors from the door panel. Set the door panel aside.
- Remove the rubber covers on the front door module by simply pulling it out.
- Connect the window switch back and adjust the window to where the bolts will be seen.
- Loosen the bolt on the left side and remove the bolt on the right side. Use a socket wrench to loosen and remove the bolts.
- Carefully pull the glass up and out from the door. If the old window is broken, carefully remove all broken glass pieces. You will need to clean the window rails, and at the bottom of the door will also be glass pieces.
- Line up the new glass and carefully put it into the door.
- Reinstall the new window glass. Reinstall the bolts back to the window and check the window using the window switch. Torque Specification: 3.9 – 2.9 N.m (11.8 ~ 8.7 lb-ft)
- Reinstall the rubber covers on the front door panel by pushing them in.
- Reinstall the door panel by doing the reverse procedure when removing the door panel.
We hope you find the Kia Optima Door Glass Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.