Need to add brake fluid to your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class? This guide provides instructions on how to check and add brake fluid to the Mercedes-Benz SL-Class R230. Follow the procedures below to learn how to add/check brake fluid on your Mercedes-Benz.
What you will need
- DOT4+ Brake Fluid
- Open the engine hood. Go to the driver’s seat and pull the hood release below the dashboard.Then unlock the hood latch in front of the vehicle and pull the hood up.
- Locate the brake fluid reservoir. Find the brake fluid reservoir tank behind the engine compartment on the driver’s side and the reservoir. The brake reservoir is white with a black cap on it.
- Use a clean cloth to clean the top and sides of the brake fluid reservoir.
- Check the brake fluid level. You will see a MIN and MAX written on the brake fluid reservoir tank to indicate the range where the brake fluid should be.
- Add brake fluid. Open the black cap by turning it counterclockwise. Then pour in the brake fluid. Use the brake fluid recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer. Do not fill past the MAX line. Only use brake fluid from a container that is sealed and never opened.
- Put back the cap on the brake fluid reservoir.
- Check the brake fluid level. Start the engine. Ensure the brake warning light is off. If the brake light remains on, do not drive the vehicles. Call an auto mechanic.
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Check Add Brake Fluid guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.