Is your Kia’s license plate light not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the license plate light bulb of your Kia Optima. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the license plate light bulb of the 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Pick tool or screwdriver
- License plate light bulb
- Unlock the vehicle and open the trunk.
- Locate the metal clip on the cover of the light bulb and unlock it by pushing it using a pick tool or a screwdriver. Make sure to wrap the cloth around the screwdriver or pick tool to prevent the paint from being scratched.
- Twist the cover of the light bulb counterclockwise to remove the cover from the light bulb.
- Remove the light bulb from the socket by pulling the light bulb out.
- Line up the new light bulb to the socket and push it inside to lock the light bulb on the socket.
- Insert the cover back into the socket and twist it clockwise to lock in its place.
- Reinstall the cover back onto the trunk. Line up the top piece of the cover first and push the metal clip back to the trunk.
We hope you find the License Plate Light Bulb Replacement Kia Optima 2016-2020 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!