Is your Kia Optima high beam light not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your vehicle’s high-beam light bulb. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the high beam light bulb on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- H7 55W light bulb
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and go to the front of the vehicle. Then unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up.
- Remove the high beam dust cap on the back of the headlight by twisting it counterclockwise and pulling it out from the headlight.
- Reach inside the headlight and twist the light bulb counterclockwise to remove it from the headlight.
- Press on the clip and pull out the connector to disconnect it from the bulb.
- Install the new light bulb onto the connector by pushing it in.
- Line up the new light bulb onto the headlight and twist it clockwise to lock it in.
- Put the dust cap back in the headlight and twist it clockwise to lock it in its place.
- Turn on the high beam light on the vehicle and check it to make sure they are working.
We hope you find the 2016-2020 Kia Optima Replace High Beam Light Bulb guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!