Is the window switch of your Kia Optima not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the window switch of your Kia. This guide is a step-by-step instruction on replacing the window switch on a 2016-2020 Kia Optima.
What you will need
- Flat screwdriver
- Philips screwdriver
- Prying tool or plastic removal tool
- Window switch (Kia Optima)
- Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Open the driver’s door and pry out the cover of the side mirror on the upper right side of the door panel.
- Remove the cover on the armrest and inner door handle using a prying tool or screwdriver, then remove the screws on the armrest and inner door handle.
- Pry out all the tabs of the door panel and pull the door panel up, then disconnect the cables and electrical connectors from the door panel.
- On the backside of the door panel, locate the window switch.
- Pry out the tabs holding the window switch using a flat screwdriver.
- Squeeze the tabs on the window switch and pull it out from the door panel.
- Install the new window switch. Line it up back to the door panel and push it in to lock the tabs holding to it. You will hear it snap once the tabs are locked into place.
- Carry the door panel near the door, then reconnect the cable and electrical connectors to the door panel.
- Line up the door panel back to the door and push it in to lock the tabs holding it.
- Reinstall the screws and cover on the inner door handle and armrest.
- Reinstall the side mirror cover. Line it up back to the door and push it to lock the tabs on it.
We hope you find the 2016-2020 Kia Optima Replace Door Window Switch guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!