Kia Hyundai P0365 Code-Camshaft Position Sensor B Fix
By following the procedures below, you will learn How to diagnose Kia check engine light using an YOUCANIC OBD-II scanner and how to replace the camshaft position sensor B – faulty code P0365.
What you will need
- Kia Camshaft Position Sensor
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- OBD-II Scanner
- Connect the OBD-II scanner to the OBD-II port below the dashboard.
- Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to the accessories position.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner.
- Select read codes and check stored codes on the scanner.
- The scanner will show faulty code P0365 – Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Bank 1.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Unlock the hood latch on the vehicle’s front by sliding the tab on the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up until the hood stays in the open position.
- Remove the engine cover by pulling it up.
- Locate the camshaft position sensor B on the back right side of the engine.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the camshaft position sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt holding the sensor by turning it counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Remove the camshaft position sensor by pulling it out of the vehicle.
- Line up the new camshaft position and press it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt on the sensor by turning it clockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the camshaft position sensor.
- Reinstall the engine cover by lining it up back to the engine and pressing it until it snaps into place.
- Go back inside the vehicle and erase the codes on the scanner.
- Reconnect the OBD-II scanner and clear the fault code.
P0365 fault code may also affect Hyundai vehicles equipped with the same engine.
If you want to use a more professional OBD-II Scanner, which can read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module, use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner.
We hope you find the Kia Hyundai P0365 Code-Camshaft Position Sensor B Fix guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Kia or Hyundai.