What you will need
- Kia Camshaft Position Sensor
- Mechanic Metric Toolset
- 10mm Socket
- OBD-II Scanner
- Connect the OBD-II scanner to the OBD-II port below the dashboard.
- Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to the accessories position.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner.
- Select read codes and check stored codes on the scanner.
- The scanner will show faulty code P0365 – Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Bank 1.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Unlock the hood latch on the vehicle’s front by sliding the tab on the hood latch.
- Pull the hood up until the hood stays in the open position.
- Remove the engine cover by pulling it up.
- Locate the camshaft position sensor B on the back right side of the engine.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the camshaft position sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
- Remove the 10mm bolt holding the sensor by turning it counterclockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Remove the camshaft position sensor by pulling it out of the vehicle.
- Line up the new camshaft position and press it in to set it into place.
- Reinstall the 10mm bolt on the sensor by turning it clockwise using a 10mm socket.
- Reconnect the electrical connector of the camshaft position sensor.
- Reinstall the engine cover by lining it up back to the engine and pressing it until it snaps into place.
- Go back inside the vehicle and erase the codes on the scanner.
- Reconnect the OBD-II scanner and clear the fault code.
P0365 fault code may also affect Hyundai vehicles equipped with the same engine.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!