Need to troubleshoot BMW Universal Charging and the hands-free facility, also known as the ULF module or MULF2? Learn how to do it by following the procedures below.
How to diagnose the BMW ULF module
For this step, you will need a diagnostic scanner capable of reading, clearing, and performing tests on BMW vehicles. The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear codes on every control module of a BMW vehicle, Including the ULF Module.
What you will need
- Plugin the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition; don’t start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select the Control Units menu.
- Select the ULF Module.
- Once you enter the ULF module, you can do the following.
- Read Codes from ULF Module
- Clear Codes from ULF Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Test
If you are experiencing problems, reading fault codes from the ULF module is a good starting point. If any code shows PRESENT status, the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.
We hope you find the BMW ULF Universal Charging and Handfree Module guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!