2004-2013 BMW 3-Series Engine Air Filter Replacement
Replacing the engine air filter on a 3-Series engine is easy and can be done in under twenty minutes. A new BMW 3-Series engine air filter can be purchased online for under $25.
Changing the engine air filter once a year or every 15,000 miles. This guide applies to BMW E90 E91 E92 E93 from 2004-2013.
What you will need
- BMW 3-Series Engine Air Filter
- Torx Socket Set
- Park the BMW. Turn off the ignition.
- Pull the hood release found under the driver’s side dashboard.
- Press the hood latch at the front of the hood and lift the hood.
- Locate the engine air filter on your BMW 3-Series. This picture shows that the air filter is the large black box on the driver’s side.
- To remove the old filter, remove two Torx screws shown in the picture.
- Open the air filter housing and pull out the old filter. Inspect the condition of the air filter. Check the filter housing to ensure it is free of dust, particles, or leaves. Use a vacuum to clean the air filter housing of your BMW 3-Series if necessary.
- Install the new BMW 3-Series air filter and secure the screws. Ensure the housing is closed properly
We hope you find the 2004-2013 BMW 3-Series Engine Air Filter Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.