Can’t start your Lexus due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by jump-starting the dead battery of the Lexus.
How to Change Lexus Dead Battery
What you will need
- 12 Volt Smart Car Battery Charger
- Park the vehicle in a secure area. Use the emergency key in the key fob to unlock the driver’s door.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the battery in the engine bay. If necessary, remove the plastic cover to expose the battery.
- Connect the red clamp from the charger to the positive (+) battery terminal.
- Connect the black clamp from the charger to the frame, ground point, and engine bolt. Do not connect it directly to the negative battery terminal.
- Plug the charger into a wall outlet.
- Monitor the battery temperature. Disconnect the charger if the battery starts to overheat.
Do not leave the Lexus unattended while the battery is charging. Charging a dead Lexus battery can take several hours.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
We hope you find the Lexus Charge Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Lexus.