Can’t start your Lexus due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem by jump-starting the dead battery of the Lexus.
What you will need
- 12 Volt Smart Car Battery Charger
- Park vehicle in a secure area. Use the emergency key in the key fob to unlock the driver’s door.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the battery in the engine bay. If necessary, remove the plastic cover to expose the battery.
- Connect the red clamp from the charger to the positive (+) battery terminal.
- Connect the black clamp from the charger to the frame, ground point, and engine bolt. Do not connect it directly to the negative battery terminal.
- Plugin the charger into a wall outlet.
- Monitor the battery temperature. Disconnect the charger if the battery starts to overheat.
Do not leave the Lexus unattended while the battery is charging. Charging a dead Lexus battery can take several hours.
We hope you find the Lexus Charge Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Lexus.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!