What you will need
- 12 Volt Smart Car Battery Charger
- Park vehicle in a secure area. Use the emergency key in the key fob to unlock the driver’s door.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the battery in the engine bay. If necessary, remove the plastic cover to expose the battery.
- Connect the red clamp from the charger to the positive (+) battery terminal.
- Connect the black clamp from the charger to the frame, ground point, and engine bolt. Do not connect it directly to the negative battery terminal.
- Plugin the charger into a wall outlet.
- Monitor the battery temperature. Disconnect the charger if the battery starts to overheat.
Do not leave the Lexus unattended while the battery is charging. Charging a dead Lexus battery can take several hours.