Is there a washer symbol warning light displayed on your Hyundai? Learn how to fix the problem by adding windshield washer fluid to your Hyundai.
This guide will teach you how to add windshield washer fluid to a Hyundai vehicle. It is based on the 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata, but the same applies to other Hyundai models.
To add windshield washer fluid to a Hyundai vehicle, you must open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard. Next, locate the blue cap in the engine bay and lift it to open. Then pour the windshield washer fluid until the level reaches below the cap.
What You Will Need
- Windshield Washer Fluid
- Use water only in emergencies.
- Do not use water in the winter season.
- Put the vehicle in park.
- Pop the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard and driver’s side.
- Locate the windshield washing fluid reservoir on the passenger side of the engine.
- Open the cap by lifting it up.
- Fill up the reservoir with washing fluid up to the required level. Typically you need to stop two inches / five cm below the filler cap.
- Place the cap back on by pressing it down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Hyundai require special windshield washer fluid?
- No. Any windshield washer fluid you purchase at an auto parts store will work.
Do I need a windshield washer fluid, or is water OK?
- Live in a place where the temperature never gets below freezing. You might get by with plain water — but even then, water doesn’t have the cleaning power of specialized cleaning fluid for removing bugs, bird droppings, road grime, and crud that collects on windshields.
Why Do I Need Windshield Wiper Fluid?
- Your car’s windshield wiper fluid is part of a pumps and washers system that allows it to be sprayed onto your windshield.
- Windshield washer fluid (also called windshield wiper fluid, wiper fluid, screenwash (in the UK), or washer fluid) is a fluid for motor vehicles used to clean the windshield with the windshield wiper while the vehicle is being driven.
We hope you find the Hyundai Add Windshield Washing Fluid guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Hyundai.