Honda Steering Column Combination Switch Replacement
Are your Honda turn signal light and windshield wipers not working? By following the procedures below, learn how to replace the Combination Switch (Turn Signal and Wiper Switch).
When your Honda combination switch fails, you may notice one or more of the following.
- Lights won’t turn on or off.
- Turn signals not working or not canceling.
- Windshield wipers not working
What you will need
- Honda Combination Switch
- Torx Socket Set
- 14mm socket
- Breaker Bar
- 8″ Extension
- Start by turning your wheel and ensure that they point straight forward. Turn off the ignition. Next, open the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal and wait fifteen minutes before removing the airbag.
- Remove two Torx bolts on each side of the steering wheel. Disconnect the airbag wires. Remove the airbag.
- Remove one 14mm bolt that secures the steering wheel. Mark the steering wheel shaft before you remove it so that you can install it in the same position. Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the clock spring. Mark the clock spring exact location. Do not rotate the clock spring after you remove it.
- Remove the screws that hold the combination switch in place.
- Disconnect the electrical connections.
- Remove the Honda combination switch from the steering column.
- Align the new combination switch on the steering column.
- Reinstall everything in reverse order.
The video clips in this guide were recorded on a 2015 Honda Civic, but these steps will also help Accord, CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, Fit, Ridgeline, HR-V, and Insight owners.
Are you no longer able to turn on the headlights on your Honda? Maybe the turn signals don’t cancel on their own. Or maybe the wiper switch has stopped working. The problem could be your combination switch.
Airbag Light On
If the SRS airbag light is still on after you replaced your Honda’s steering column and combination switch, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to clear the stored codes. This scanner can run through every control module of your vehicle.
We hope you find this guide Honda Steering Column Combination Switch Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.
On a 2015 Honda Civic this video was spot on. i replaced just the wiper switch on the assembly And Saved Some $$$$..in addition i used a rubber mallet to massage steering wheel loose w/ pentrant oil..