Learn how to replace the battery on a Hyundai key fob. The most common battery size for Hyundai key fobs is CR2032.
Watch the videos below to learn how to replace the Hyundai key fob battery and also find out which battery size your Hyundai key utilizes.
What you will need
- CR2032 Battery
- Remove your Hyundai key from your keychain.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry open the case. Be careful, and don’t point the screwdriver towards your hands. If the screwdriver slips, it can injure you.
- Carefully open the battery case and note the old battery. Pay attention to the (+) on the battery.
- Remove the old battery by sliding it out of the circuit board.
- Insert the new battery, ensuring the positive (+) side of the battery is oriented the same way it was on the old battery.
- Align the key fob case and close it by pressing the two halves together.
These instructions should help you replace the key fob (keyless) remote battery on Hyundai Elantra, Azera, Sonata, Genesis, Accent, Equus, Santa Fe, Sedona, Tucson, and Veloster.
Most Hyundai key fobs use a CR2032 battery, but we recommend opening the key to verify the battery size before purchasing a new one.
Looking to save money by performing and marinating your Hyundai yourself? Check out more Hyundai auto repair guides. We hope you find the Hyundai Key Fob Battery Replacement guide helpful.