This guide provides instructions on installing M grill stripes on a BMW. One of the coolest BMW modifications is installing red and blue grill stripes on the front kidney grille.
What you will need
- BMW Grill Color Stripe
- Inserts are recommended over sticky M decals.
Installation is very simple. Press each one of the inserts into the grille. Stay away from the tape or stripes that stick on the grille. They come off easily and won’t last.
- Park the BMW on level ground and set the parking brake.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe any dirt or debris from the kidney grille on the driver’s side.
- Next, install the dark blue or violet stripe. This is the middle stripe and will be between the light blue and red stripes.
- Carefully press the light blue stripe into the grill until it locks.
- Lastly, press the red stripe onto the grill between the blue stripe and the driver’s headlight.
Note that the stripes are curved more on the top than the bottom. Make sure to avoid installing them upside down. The BMW M decals are light blue, dark blue, and red.
To be perfectly correct, the dark blue stripe should be a dark violet, but in most cases, a dark blue stripe is used. The three stripes are part of the BMW ///M logo.
We hope you find the BMW M Style Grill Stripes guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.