Need to open your Lexus hood to check your engine oil, brake fluid, coolant, and power steering fluid level? Learn how to open your hood by following the procedures below.
- Park your vehicle on level ground.
- Turn off the ignition and set the parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard. You should hear the hood pop open.
4. Go to the front of the car. Slide your hand under the hood.
5. Press the hood safety release to the side.
6. Lift the hood and ensure it can stay open on its own. If your hood has a prop rod, use it to keep the hood open. If the hood doesn’t stay up on its own, have a helper keep the hood open.
Lift the hood a little and slide your hand under the hood, which should be popped up slightly. Pull the hood release again if the hood has not raised about one inch.
How to open the hood if you can’t unlock the driver’s door If your Lexus battery is dead, you won’t be able to unlock the door with the keyfob. Remove the emergency key from the keyfob. Use the metal key in your keyfob to unlock the driver’s door. The tumbler in the driver’s door may have a plastic cover on top. Pry the plastic cover of the key handle.
We hope you find the Open Lexus Hood guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Lexus.