- Enter your Mercedes-Benz and close the door.
- Insert the key in the ignition and turn it one click. On a vehicle with Start/Stop button, press it once without pressing the brake pedal. The key must be in the car.
- Speed or outside temperature should show on the instrument cluster. If not, use the buttons on the steering wheel to display one of them.
- Press the reset button on the left side of the instrument cluster three times really quickly.
- You should hear a click, and battery voltage or VIN should show up.
- Use the buttons on the steering wheel to scroll up and down.
This works on models such as C-Class W203, E-Class W211, CLK-Class W209, and it may also work on other models.
- Display battery or alternator voltage
- Disable ESP / Dynamometer Test
- Display Vehicle Identification Number
- Display remaining service time
- Reset Service A, B, C, D, E, Oil Reminder
It is of paramount importance that you understand the settings before making any changes, as certain changes may render the vehicle inoperable.
- What is the secret menu,
- The Mercedes-Benz secret menu is a developmental menu used by engineers to access additional/specialized functions on a Mercedes-Benz vehicle.
- What can I do with the secret menu?
- You can check your car battery voltage, turn off ESP, your VIN, your alternator condition.
- This doesn't work for my Mercedes; what can I do?
- Try any of the other two (2) procedures above. This procedure does not work on many 2014 and newer models.