Is your Mercedes-Benz engine misfiring, having bad fuel economy, blowing dark smoke from the exhaust, and difficult to start? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the Ignition Coil of your Mercedes-Benz.
What you will need
- Mercedes Ignition Coils Part number: 274-906-14-00
- T25 Torx Bit 3/8″ Drive
- 3/8″ Ratchet wrench
- Flathead screwdriver
- Park the Mercedes-Benz on level ground, set the parking brake, and let the engine cool down.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard to open the hood.
- Remove the engine cover by lifting it.
- Remove the T-25 Torx bolts that secure the ignition coil to the engine. Each ignition coil has two bolts.
- Disconnect the electrical connector. Use a flathead screwdriver to unlock the tab on the connector. Then press and pull the connector away.
- If the ignition coil comes with the boot, pull up the coil and the boot together to remove them from the spark plugs. If you are not replacing the boot, use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the spark plug boot from the ignition coil.
- Pull the ignition coil upwards.
- Remove the ignition coil.
- Install the new ignition coil and torque the Torx screws to 10Nm.
- 2015“present W205 C160
- 2012“2013 W204 C180
- 2013“2016 W212 E180
- 2013“2016 W212 E200 Natural Gas Drive
- 2013“2016 W212 E200
- 2013“2016 X204 GLK200
- 2014“2018 W205 C200
- 2015“present R172 SLK200
- 2016“present W213 E200
- 2013“2016 W212 E250
- 2013“2016 X204 GLK250
- 2014“2018 W205 C250
- 2015“2018 W205 C350e
- 2016“present W213 E250
- 2016“present W213 E350e
- 2015“2018 W205 C300
- 2015“2018 W213 E300
- 2015“present X253 GLC300
- 2015“present R172 SLK300
- 2016-present CV37 Q60
- 2018-present Y51 Q70
- 2015-present V37 Q50
Check Engine Still On
If the check engine light is still on after you have replaced the ignition coil, you will need to clear the stored codes on your Mercedes-Benz. The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear fault codes through every control module of your Mercedes-Benz.
We hope you find this Mercedes-Benz 2.0T Ignition Coil Replacement | M274 M270 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!