Are the fog lights of your Mitsubishi Outlander not working? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the fog light of your Mitsubishi.
This guide provides instructions on how to replace the fog lights on a 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander. Fog lights fail or go bad often and dim out over time. With a few basic tools and following these simple steps, you can replace the fog lights right at home quickly and easily.
How to Replace Mitsubishi Outlander Fog Light
- This applies to Outlander models years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2019, 2020, and other models such as the Mirage and Lancer.
What you will need
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Trim tool
- 2019 Mitsubishi fog light bulb H16, part number: ms820984
- Die-electric grease
- Use a flathead screwdriver or trim tool. Carefully remove the plastic bezel around the fog light fixture.
- Work your way around the bezel until it completely pops out of the bumper, and remove it.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver. Remove the three screws holding the fog light fixture in place. Be sure you do not adjust the black screw in the top middle of the fixture. This is the directional adjustment for the fog light beam.
- Pull the fog light fixture out. Remove the electrical connector from the back of the light bulb socket by pressing down on the plastic tab and pulling it out.
- With the fixture completely out, twist the bulb counterclockwise and pull it out of the housing socket.
- Ensure gloves when handling the bulbs; any oils from the hands on the thin glass bulb can cause hot spots, and the bulb can crack or break prematurely.
- Install the new replacement bulb into its socket and lock it in place by turning it clockwise.
- Coat the rubber seal on the electrical connector in a thin layer of die-electric grease. This will lubricate and make installation easier, prevent moisture build-up, and prevent the connector from getting stuck inside the socket.
- Reinstall the fog light with the three screws. Replace the plastic bezel by carefully popping it into place.
- Test the new fog lights out. You are done!
How can I tell if my fog lights are aimed properly?
Fog lights are typically aimed lower than the headlights. Because fog hovers close to the ground, the beam illuminates the road beneath the fog. The fog lights nor headlights should ever be aimed up; this can blind oncoming traffic.
Headlights may reflect off the fog hovering above the ground and cause even less visibility on the road, and this is why it is good to have a functioning, properly aimed fog lights. If you think the fog lights on your vehicle need to be adjusted, refer to a guide on how to adjust them or have the vehicle serviced by a trained mechanic.’
We hope you find the 2011-2021 Mitsubishi Outlander Fog Light Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mitsubishi.