Is a windshield washer light appearing on your Chevrolet dashboard, or is there no fluid to clean your windshield? Learn how to fix it by following the procedure to add windshield washer fluid to a Chevrolet vehicle.
Do not add plain water to the windshield washer fluid reservoir, especially during winter. Water can freeze in the reservoir or lines and cause them to burst.
Warning message on Chevrolet instrument cluster or Driver Information Center (DIC) stating:
- No Windshield Washer Fluid,
- Low Washer Fluid
What you will need
- Washer Fluid
- Open the hood of your vehicle to access the washer fluid reservoir.
- The washer fluid reservoir on Chevrolet is white or translucent and has a wiper symbol.
- Open the washer reservoir cap by lifting it. On most Chevrolet vehicles, the window fluid reservoir is located on the driver’s side towards the front and behind the headlight.
- Add washer fluid until the level gets about two inches below the reservoir cap.
That’s it. Adding windshield washer fluid to a Chevrolet vehicle is simple and takes less than 5 minutes.
This guide will help owners of Chevrolet models such as
- City Express
We hope you find this guide, “Chevrolet Add Windshield Washer Fluid,” helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Chevrolet.