Can’t unlock/lock your Ford Fusion because of a dead key fob battery? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing your key fob’s battery. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the key fob’s battery on a Ford Fusion 2013-2020.
What you will need
- CR2032 Battery
- Small Flat Screwdriver
- Pick Tool
- Locate the indent on the metal key side of the key fob and place the small flat screwdriver in there.
- Remove the back cover by using the flat screwdriver to pop the cover out.
- Remove the cover by pulling it out from the key fob.
- Remove the battery by using a pick tool to pull the battery out.
- Slide the new battery towards the top of the key fob.
- Push the battery in to set it into place.
- Line up the back cover of the key fob and push it until it snaps into place.
- Test the new battery by pressing the buttons on the key fob.
That’s it. Replacing the battery in your Ford Fusion key fob is easy.
We hope you find the Ford Fusion Key Fob Battery Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Ford.