Can’t start your BMW due to a dead battery? This article provides guidelines on how to jump-start your BMW 3-Series. This guide applies to BMW years 2004-2013.
- BMW Won’t Start,
- The engine won’t turn over,
- Clicking noise but not starting
What you will need
- Portable jump box
- Jumper Cables
- Turn off the ignition. Remove the key from the ignition. BMWs are very sensitive to voltage, and BMW 3-Series is no exception. To avoid electrical problems, start by removing the key from the ignition.
- Open the hood. Locate the hood release underneath the dash. Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
- Locate the terminals where you can jump-start your BMW 3-Series. They are on the passenger side of the engine.
- Connect Positive; attach the red (positive) cable to the positive jump start terminal. Using another car to jump-start your BMW 3-Series, you will connect the red clamp.
- Connect the black (negative) cable to the ground post, which is the negative terminal.
- Start Engine. Using a jump box, you are now ready to start your BMW. If you use jumper cables to start the car, continue to the next step.
These instructions will help owners of BMW
- M3 GTS
We hope you find the 2004-2013 BMW 3-Series Jump Start Instructions guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.