Need to unlock your Lexus because your key fob battery is dead? Learn how to unlock your Lexus by following the procedures below.
Follow these steps to unlock a Lexus door manually.
- Push the key release on your key fob to remove the Lexus emergency key from the key fob.
- Under the driver’s door handle, you should see a hole.
- Use the emergency key to remove the cover to access the keyhole in the driver’s door.
- Put your key into the keyhole and turn like you would a door.
- Pull the door handle and open the door.
- To start the engine, press the START button with the keyfob.
These instructions will help you unlock the driver’s side door. This procedure can be used when the car battery is dead and you can’t unlock the car with the key fob. It can also be used if the batteries in the keyfob are dead.
Why Lexus Door Won’t Unlock
Lexus doors may not unlock for one of the following reasons:
- Dead car battery
- Dead batteries in the keyfob
- Faulty door lock actuator
- Typically, it affects just one door.
How do I get into my Lexus when the battery dies
To unlock a Lexus with a dead battery, you can use the emergency metal key inside the keyfob to unlock the driver’s doors. The instructions in this guide show you how to unlock a Lexus with a dead battery manually.
We hope you find the Manually Unlock Lexus – Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Lexus.