Need to remove your Mercedes-Benz back seat? Learn how to remove the back seat of your Mercedes-Benz by following the procedures below.
This guide provides instructions on how to remove the Mercedes-Benz rear seat cushions. Removing the Mercedes-Benz rear seat is easy and simple.
What you will need
- 10mm wrench
- Plastic pry tool
- Flat screwdriver
Follow these steps to remove a Mercedes-Benz rear seat backrest and cushions.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
- Park the vehicle in a space where you can open both rear doors because you will be working on both ends.
- Press the button on the center console to fold down the rear headrests.
- First, release the locking tab of the rear seat cushion under the front sides of the seat and pull it towards you.
- Remove the three 10mm bolts, one in the middle and the end on each side of the rear backrest cushion.
- Push the rear backrest and slide it upward to release the tabs on the back, and you can take the backrest out.
But if, for some instance, the headrest doesn’t go down, unclip the plastic part of the headrest and use a flat screwdriver to pry the black tab inside the backrest so you can remove the headrest.
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz Back Seat Removal guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.