Spark Plug Replacement Guide Toyota 2AR-FE Engine
It is recommended to replace the spark plugs every 144 months/120,000 miles. In addition, the spark plugs do not need to gap as they will come pre-gapped.
This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the spark plugs on Toyota 2.5 L 4-cylinder (2AR-FE) engine. The pictures and videos are from a Toyota Camry 2012-2017, but this engine is found on several other Toyota vehicles.
What you will need
- Spark plugs (Toyota Camry)
- 2.5 L 4-cylinder (2AR-FE) engine
- OEM Recomandation: DENSO SK16HR11
- Use only Iridium-tipped spark plugs and do not gap the tip.
- 10mm socket wrench
- Spark plug socket
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard, go to the vehicle’s front, unlock the hood latch and pull the hood up until the hood struts are in hold position.
- Remove the engine cover by pulling it up.
- Disconnect the coil pack connectors by pushing the clip and pulling it out.
- Remove the bolts holding the coil pack using a 10mm socket wrench.
- Remove the coil packs by simply pulling them out of the engine.
- Loosen the spark plugs by twisting the spark plug socket counterclockwise.
- Pull out the spark plugs using a spark plug socket or a magnet.
- Get the new spark plug and put it gently into the engine; Use a magnet or a spark plug socket to prevent the spark plug from dropping and damaging the gap.
- Tighten the spark plugs by twisting them clockwise. Make sure to torque them to its proper specification.
- Line up the coil packs, reinstall the 10mm bolts on the coil pack, and reconnect the connectors of the coil pack.
- Line up the engine cover back and push it to lock the grommets into the engine cover.
Spark Plug Interval
The spark plug replacement interval on Toyota 2.5L engine is 144-month/120,000-mile mark to replace your spark plugs.
Check Engine Light On
If the check engine light is still on after replacing your vehicle’s spark plugs, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to clear the stored codes. The scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Spark Plug Replacement Guide Toyota 2AR-FE Engine guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.